* last updated: September 2012
August Intensive English Language Program
August 6- August 30, 2013
The University of Winnipeg's four-week August Intensive English Language Program provides students with an intensive English language learning experience in order to help advance their educational or career goals.
- Placement tests to determine the most appropriate class for you
- Small, friendly classes and workshops that are interesting, practical, and fun
- Personalized and professional instruction by skilled and supportive instructors who are trained in second language instruction methods
- Practical and effective classroom lessons and workshops
- Many different activities & city excursions
- Wireless internet access and the use of several computer labs on campus
- Final grade and transcript, with a description outlining the work completed during the program
- High academic standards that stress essential skills
- Opportunities to experience the culture and lifestyle of a uniquely Canadian prairie city
- Opportunities to form lasting friendships with fellow students
- We ensure that every student is placed in a class that reflects his or her level of ability and competence in the English language, which is determined for each student based on an entrance placement test conducted after your arrival.
- Morning sessions focus on developing skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Conversation classes followed by practical workshops will improve your speaking skills, as well as your knowledge of our city's culture and lifestyle. Workshop instructors encourage creativity as you work in supportive environments. Workshop topics include a variety of cultural and academic topics.
- Students benefit from their participation in scheduled social
activities that begin when classroom learning ends.
- During socio-cultural activities, students have the opportunity to practice English skills as they participate in informal English conversation. Students will also experience interesting local history and culture, summer festivals, the arts, sports and much more!
- To learn more about our socio-cultural activities, visit: activities slideshow elp
- If you choose, you may apply to stay with a host family in the Homestay program while you study in this program.
- Every effort is made to find the best match for students & families involved in the program.
- The benefits of homestay include many additional opportunities for
students to practice their English skills in authentic living situations
while outside of the classroom.
In English Please!
- In order to maximize the benefits for every student in the July Intensive English Language Program, all students are expected to follow a strict English only policy during class time and at every activity.
- The application deadline for every program is one week prior to the start of each session.
- For more information contact: email@example.com
Need a Program that suits your specific needs?
- If our short term programs do not offer enough flexibility for
your group in terms of program dates or course content, you may be
interested in a customized short term program.
- For more information, please visit: customized elp programs.