January Intensive English Language Programs
4 Week Intensive English Language Program
Next Session: January 6th - January 31, 2014
- The University of Winnipeg's four-week January Intensive English Language Program offers an English language learning opportunity and cultural experience that will leave you with a new appreciation for the English language, while you make new friends and enjoy all that Winnipeg has to offer.
- This month-long program is for students who want a short, intensive English language learning experience.
7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program - January 6th - February 21st, 2014
- Students interested in applying for a January English Language Program may also be interested in the winter session of our 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program. It is a longer program where students participate in the 4 Week January English Language Program , followed by a 3 week volunteer work placement component.
- For more information on this program, visit: 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program.
The University of Winnipeg offers:
- Placement tests to determine the most appropriate class for you
- Small, friendly classes and workshops that are interesting, practical, and fun
- Personalized and professional instruction by skilled and supportive instructors who are trained in second language instruction methods
- Practical and effective classroom lessons and workshops
- Many different activities & city excursions
- Wireless internet access and the use of several computer labs on campus
- Final grade and transcript, with a description outlining the work completed during the program
- High academic standards that stress essential skills
- Opportunities to experience the culture and lifestyle of a uniquely Canadian prairie city
- Opportunities to form lasting friendships with fellow students
- We ensure that every student is placed in a class that reflects his or her level of ability and competence in the English language, which is determined for each student based on an entrance placement test conducted after your arrival.
- Morning sessions focus on developing skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. Conversation classes followed by practical workshops will improve your speaking skills, as well as your knowledge of our city's culture and lifestyle. Workshop instructors encourage creativity as you work in supportive environments. Workshop topics include a variety of cultural and academic topics.
- * Specifically designed for 7 week Canadian Work Experience
Program participants, afternoon seminars called " English in the Workplace" will
improve professional communication skills, and prepare students for the
last 3 weeks of this 7 week program where they will engage in their work
placements.For more information, visit : 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program.
- Students benefit from their participation in scheduled social
activities that begin when classroom learning ends.
- During socio-cultural activities, students have the opportunity to practice English skills as they participate in informal English conversation. Students will also experience interesting local history and culture, summer festivals, the arts, sports and much more!
- To learn more about our winter socio-cultural activities, visit: activities slideshow : winter
- If you choose, you may apply to stay with a host family in the Homestay program while you study in this program.
- Every effort is made to find the best match for students & families involved in the program.
- The benefits of homestay include many additional opportunities for students to practice their English skills in authentic living situations while outside of the classroom.
In English Please!
- In order to maximize the benefits for every student in the January Intensive English Language Program, all students are expected to follow a strict English only policy during class time and at every activity.
- If you are interested in applying for the 4 Week January Intensive English Language Program:
- * If you are interested in the 7 week Canadian Work Experience Program, please visit 7 Week Canadian Work Experience Program to apply.
Need a Program that suits your specific needs?
- If our short term programs do not offer enough flexibility for
your group in terms of program dates or course content, you may be
interested in a customized short term program.
- For more information, please visit: customized elp programs.